Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So far, so good.

So far our once a month shopping trip has been a success.  Usually, I would be in desperate need to run out the door to buy meat and vegetables for dinners and lunches, but this was a hassle free week.  I have more than enough meat and more than enough vegetables to last me, and though we are running low on a few things, we should be able to stretch them a while longer. 
My next kitchen task is to get a decent pantry going, so that when I find a recipe I want to try, I have plenty of extras and I dot have to run out to the store.  We're a little strained for space in the kitchen itself, so I'm thinking I'm going to set up one of those wire racks down in the basement to dedicate to stock piling canned food and non perishables.  I am on the look out for good coupon sites so that I can stock pile and save at the same time.
I haven't spent any additional money on food since we went shopping just about two weeks ago.  I'm pretty proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, advice and encouragement!